Thinking about relocating to a new office but not quite sure how to find the right one? We can help.
We are ready to guide you on your search for the perfect space. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind as you begin looking:
- Quantify your needs. It can be tempting to just trust your instincts but it is better to do a real analysis of how much space you need. For more on how to figure out how much space you really need, click here. Once you know your space needs, compare them to available locations.
- Know how much you are willing to pay for your new space. It is essential to set a budget – one that will let you move into an appropriate location without destroying your bottom line.
- Consider location, location, location. The interior of a space may be perfect but its location can be prove disastrous if it deters or inconveniences your customers and clients, or if the outside is just plain unattractive. Consider the exterior of a space as well as the interior.
- Anticipate the future. Moving is expensive, so you don’t want to have to do it again in the near future because you quickly outgrow your new space. Reasonably account for your company’s future prospects for growth and find a location that can accommodate them.
- Inspect the utilities. Be sure the building’s electrical, heating and cooling systems work well enough to meet your and your employees’ needs. Also, make sure the site’s restrooms are in good shape.
- Check for handicapped access. Many businesses now are required to accommodate the special needs of the disabled. If you are moving into an old building that has bathrooms and an entrance built before such statutes took effect, you could be astonished to learn how expensive and time-consuming it is to remodel in order to bring it up to code. Doing some research up front can prevent you from getting smacked with a big renovation bill on the back end.
- Get help. Our team specializes in matching businesses to the best possible office space for them. We’re here to listen to your needs, not try to sell you on spaces that don’t fit the bill. Contact us to learn more about what we can do for you.